warped Velocissima fiberglass fender flares.Ideas on fixes?

Greetings alfisti!
     Got a strange problem on my '79 Alfetta Velocissima.I was putting on the
front fender flares yesterday (that's how it started at least).I'd bought
these from APE who probably had the last set available on planet earth.These
came dust covered, and in black primer.I figure they sat around for quite a
few years,unused.
      Started attaching the right flare,using pop rivets as they were
originally attached.When I went to line up the flare to start riveting, I
noticed 3 sets of holes drilled into the bottom lip of the fender.All were of
the same size,about 1/2" to 3/4" apart, with one drilled toward the inner
part of the car, one drilled exactly center of the fender lip and one drilled
more towards the outside of the car.Huh????I'm assuming ARI used some sort of
template to drill these holes for attaching the front fender flares;owing to
differences (?!) in flares.Anyway, the right fender flare went on without too
much pain;my wife held it while I pop riveted away (the family that works on
Alfas together stays together :) and got it installed.
	The left flare was to go on next.On this side, there was only ONE set
of holes drilled for attaching the flare, and these fender lip holes were all
drilled toward the outside of the car.Again, it looks like this was done by
the importer (I had to drill out one or two old rivets out of the holes).
	When I went to attach this flare, it would not attach.The left flare
seems to be designed to attach at a slightly different angle than the
right;but the flare would not line up to the holes.It wasn't even close....I
gave up in disgust;the flare seems to be warped;the radius of the wheel well
opening doesn't seem to be big enough to allow the holes to line up.Any ideas
on how this might have happened,and how can I fix it?Could it have been heat
from sitting in storage,etc?
      The front flares totally change the look of  this car;Lazarus truly
looks like a refugee from a Mad Max movie now.I'm dying to put this left
fender flare on,and look forward to any  advice or tips fellow digesti can
provide (but if you want to send me an email saying "I should burn this
rolling abomination");don't.
Thanks in advance,
Terry and Sharon Akins
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie,131k miles,still running smooth but needs front wheel
bearings soon.Oh joy.......)
1979 alfetta Velocissima spec.ed.(Lazarus,now doing the automotive equivalent
of a "wink wink nudge nudge" facial expression)