Oil

A local Alfa mechanic suggested 10-40 dino oil for my '74 GT Veloce.
Of course it may be full of gas after I start it up, thanks to a suspect
SPICA pump...
Had a very enjoyable (successful) time getting the fuel pump running today.
It was plugged solid with dried junk! Not surprising, after 14 years of
sitting. Took the end off and scraped the junk away and out of the check
valve. Re-assembled, but still would not pump a drop. Took end off again,
turned upside down over an ice cream bucket. Dirty gas and debris cascaded
into the bucket! Re-filled pump with an eye-dropper (end still off) and
tapped all over the case of the pump (espec. at the output end) to loosen
more debris, dumped/refilled/tapped over and over 'til it dumped clean gas.
Ran fine when tested! I've sealed both ends of the pump to keep it from
drying out until I can re-install it. One must pay attention to restore the
proper alignment of the end cap and under-lying disc: the hole in the disc
is NOT centred.

Peter