Re: Oil

Bob (and other fellow Alfisti),

This is a very timely topic for me.  A mechanic friend of mine who is not
Alfa savvy recently changed the oil in my 1987 Spider and took the liberty
of using 10W30 rather than the 20W50 I told him to use ("It's a good
all-around oil for a 4-cylinder"; but, uh... this is not just any
4-cylinder!).  The 10W30 hasn't been in the engine long enough for me to
make any observations about the change.  Since I'm having some head work
done that calls for a suggested oil replacement after a few hundred miles,
I was planning to switch back to 20W50.

I don't have any advice for you, but if you get off-digest replies to your
query, I'd sure like to hear them.  And if another voice asking for
opinions on this topic helps get the ball rolling on the digest, well,
here's mine!

Thanks, everyone.

 -Robert
  1985 GTV6