Oil

Well, after all of the information I have gathered, I chnaged the oil in my
87 spider from 20W50 to 10W30.  The engine has only 15K or so on it and
according to sources this change will he beneficial.  Did anyone read the
article in AROC about oil, the slippery stuff, last month.  Very
interesting.  Things certainly have changed in philosophy over the past ten
years.  My 1987 owner's manual calls for 10W50 regular or 10W40 synthetic.
I have not found a 10W50 and at this time did not want to go synthetic.  So,
I took the next step and went with 10W30.  My Chevy Minivan calls for 5W30
if the temperature stays consistently high.  I will see what happens, It
sure does start easier and my goal is to prolong engine life with a good
lubricant getting to the ctrical parts as soon as possible after the key is
turned.

Question to all- Has anyone else made this change to "thinner" oils???  My
sources state that as time goes on the rings wear, consumption may go up and
a move back to 20W50 may be necessary.

I don't want to start another oil thread again, but was looking for a little
feedback from the Digest.

Thanks

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio