Another Alfa undervalued by the insurance company!

Fellow Alfa enthusiasts,

Today I received a letter from non Alfa Digest member Beth Bishop in
Maryland seeking help in acquiring information on the value of a 1972 GT
Junior 1300. It was involved in an accident (not Beth's fault) and the
driver at fault is insured by State Farm. They have offered her $3000 for
her "totaled" Alfa. The estimated repairs are $6,700.

As we all know, GT Juniors where not imported to the U.S. in 1972. However
the latest edition of CPI that I have (unfortunately 2nd quarter of `97)
indicates values ranging from $3275 to $7225 for a `69-74 GTV 1750/2000. If
the car is as represented in Beth's letter, it would be valued at the
higher end of this range.

Also, in the `97 Sports Car Price Guide (also rather dated) complied by
Keith Martin of the Sports Car Market Magazine lists two `68-71 GT Juniors:
a Stradale and Corse. The values range from $25,000 to $35,000 for these
two models which I'm not familiar with (the Corse is valued slightly higher
than the Stradale). A current issue of Sports Car Market Magazine may
indicate slightly different values. (Beth - Call 800-289-2819 to
subscribe.)

Can any fellow Alfa Digest members offer personal experiences regarding
actual sells of this model Alfa Romeo or guidance on how to "attack" the
insurance company (Terry Akins, I know you have had invaluable advise to
others in similar situations)? If so, please contact Beth directly via
e-mail at <Eightball.51@domain.elided>.

Thanks,
Bernie
AROC-USA Director