importing and federalizing

Greetings, Fred et al;

>Dear Alfisti,
>we have been told that in the USA there are specialized mechanical
>workshops/conversion companies that can get a new/recent car
>through the Department of Transportation or Environmental
>Protection Agency approval.

The only two places that I know of in the US are Sun International and the
Wallace Lab (unaffiliated with Nick Parks and the claymation Grommit
people). The former have legalized Renault R5 Turbos, Ford Cosworths, Lotus
Elise, and are working on the Renault Spider now. The latter seem to offer a
lab for a fee kind of a thing.
I am sure that there are others (Bill Gates or Jerry Seinfeld had possibly
hired someone for their Porsche 959s...)

http://www.suninternational-usa.com/
http://wallacelab.com/AutoImports.htm

thx
luke, San Mateo, CA

74 Spider (trunk agape)
82 GTV6 (an inch lower on one side-rear, what gives, tired spring?)
95 164LS (finally washed, gotta love the Sport tranny mode)
98 Audi A6 Q (love the Tiptronic, otherwise, it upshifts into 5th every time
it is not floored)