Lime Rock Ferrari event

I made it up to Lime Rock to see the Ferrari Challenge Cup series on
Sat.  Not only was the Challenge Cup races featured, but also a
historic race event, of Ferraris from the 50's till quite recent.
But, included in the lineup for the historic event, was a 1935 Alfa 8C
Grand Prix racer, owned and raced by Peter Giddings.  This particular
car was campaigned by the Scuderia Ferrari, as well as raced by Tazio
Nuvolari amongst others.  What a piece of machinery.  Peter was kind
enough to give me a run down on the mechanicals.  The 2.9 liter
straight eight's output was supposed to be 330 bhp on methanol, but
sadly, Peter wasn't running methanol that day.  I think if he had,  he
would have been passing more historic Ferraris on the main straight.
Watching the 8C run on the track  against far more modern cars, you
couldn't help but be struck by the lack of safety equipment, I mean,
the driver's head is his roll bar, and with that upright profile of
the 8C, Peter's head was pretty high up, compared to others.

For a similar photo, please refer to Borgeson's Alfa Romeo Tradition,
page 93.

I heard that this car was run last year at Lime Rock as well, so I am
assuming that it will be present next year as well.

Ciao,  Jay