Re: spider fuel gauge, valve cover washers

You should have 4 fiber washers, and two metal (aluminum, I think) ones.
The two metal ones go on the back two posts, as these two squash down
the half moons which seal the back end. These shold be tightened fairly
hard, so as to squash, the other four, just hard enough so as to prevent
any oil leak.