re: Fluids

hi brad, ewe said:
>Can someone point me to a link which details the current oil(s) recommended
>for a 87 Spider?  I'm not having any luck finding the Shell Fire and Ice
>10W/50 motor oil recommended in my owners manual.  I just bought this car
>and want to change all the fluids.  I've got Redline 75W90 coming from
>Centerline for the gearbox.  What should I use in the differential?  Someone
>said to use Mobil 1 15W/50 in the engine, but at $4 a quart it is a bit
>steep.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
?!?$4 a quart too steep?!?  c'mon, what's the total cost?!?  not like yer gonna
be replacing it every week!  personally, i like castor or Pennzoil 5w50 - better
lubrication when cold.  and even tho there are people who mite flame me for
this, i feel comfortable going 10k miles between changes w/this oil - that's the
maximum i feel with comfortable for the filter.  this will help reduce your
costs somewhat, and your engine will thank ewe for the synthetic - cheaper in
the long run, imho.  my gtwe6 3.0, milano werde, & 164L all get this treatment,
all engines are in fine shape.  the gtwe6 had a 2.5 w/125k miles, the only thing
wrong w/it was it was missing a half litre!  the werde has 130k, the 164 has
145k.  sorry, can't help ya w/the spider diff - no experience w/spiders.

good luck w/your gnu car!

doug s.