Milano getting warmer - or best summer coolant mixture

Hi people
Sorry if I missed, but as many of you, I'm entitled to a few days off.  So
probably missed the whole discussion about engine coolants.

My 89 3 liter Verde Alfa 75/Milano with 210K miles, and 60 on the engine is
starting to show that it doesn't like the Southern California summer,
especially if I use the a/c and in traffic.  These things don't match.
Traffic, heat, a/c, Alfa.  So the a/c is off.  That means more heat to the
driver and passengers.  The gauge is at 175 in the freeway with the a/c if I
can drive at 70-80 mph, but in slow traffic....  I know I have to look at
the hard wear also (i.e. radiator, radiator fan, thermostat, coolant level,
engine tune up, engine oil, etc., etc.)  I think all that is fine.
 Somebody mentioned a recommended mixture of Redline WaterWetter, one
bottle, 15% Coolant, the rest water (distilled).  Also, is it desireable to
flush the system well first? Any recommendations out there?
thanks
Jorge
Redlands, CA, USA