The Incredible exploding GTV-6 Heater Valve

Hi -

Has anyone found a fix for the new GTV-6 Heater Valves that seem to be
manufactured poorly and/or incorrectly? I have now attempted to install two
in this car unsuccessfully. The first fell apart in my hands as I was
installing it and the second waited until the car was all back together and
then exploded upon operation.

It seems that the two halves of the heater valve are not crimped together
properly. Anyone find a suitable fix for this?

Thanks,

Jeff Greenfield
alfaguy@domain.elided