Re: Milano in boneyard

Ian writes -

>"Herb Spitz mentioned a Milano in a "Pull your part" in San Fernando
>valley.  Being in the area today I couldn't resist a stop.  What he
>didn't mention was the other Milano '87 being sold as-is w/o a front
>bumper for "$1100 or best offer" Has gold edition mags, blue met paint
>fair.  They also have a picked over 79 spider and 3 Austin taxi cabs"

Sorry gang, didn't see the other Milano.....Next time I will do a more
thorough job, for the appropriate commission plus expenses ; -)

Did see the 79 spider, but unless you need sheet metal there isn't much
there to write about. I couldn't even find any screws I wanted. (That car
is actually a 72 - if you read the emissions label under the hood and look
at the front bumper...the 79 ID plate inside the door was NOT original, and
was obviously riveted on by someone at a later date, as the rivets for the
original were visible on one side - I could invent a good story or two
about the circumstances, knowing the used car dealers in LA...)

The taxi cabs mentioned have been there forever.  Loads of TR7s,
miscellaneous MGs, and Porsche 914s, as usual.

Regarding rarities, I have noted at various times over the years unusual
cars there ( a recent Saab Sonnett sighting comes to mind, as well as the
shell of a 2600 Zagato...).  Makes me want to keep coming back.

Regards,
Herb Spitz
Phoenix, AZ
78 Spider (hibernating for the summer)
69 GTV (undergoing restoration on weekends)
87 Audi (A/C fan died today!!!)