re: clutch slipping

Robert A Brady writes that after an hour of driving, his clutch would start
slipping.

I had the same problem in my 71 1750 this past week during the practice laps
at the AROC Time Trials.  It started slipping about 5-6 laps into the session
and continued to get worse.  I didn't take part in the second and third sets
of laps and went and did the time runs (4 laps) without any problems.
(managed to win my class)

The clutch in my car is not new either, but has not shown any signs of
slipping previously.  The clutch engages near the floor when idling and only
seemed to have the problem at about 3500 RPM and above as I applied power
coming out of a corner.

Would also appreciate any suggestions.

John Justus
1971 1750 GT Veloce