Re: Filler door

Stefano writes about the filler door and the filler neck on the GTV.   I had
my 1971 1750 GT Veloce in CA during the spring of 1990 and found I had a lot
of trouble using the accordian gas pumps as well.   I also had trouble not
chipping the upper lip of the fuel opening in using just the normal midwest
nozzles.

This past spring, I took my gas tank out and had it boiled, coated and the
fuel filler neck cut down an inch.   Since that time, filling the tank has
been a much pleasanter job than previously.   The cost for all of this was
$125.   I don't know how much it would cost just to cut the neck down, but in
addition to making it shorter, one could reposition it to a different angle
if desired or necessary.

John Justus
1971 1750 GT Veloce
1995 164 Q