Re: alfa-digest V7 #828

All the filters I have seen over here have the seal recessed in a
groove all the way round.  They are branded (but what I can't
remeber ATM, my mech just gave them to me)  Only pay 8UKP
each, so if anyone wants to get some, I'll see what I can do
> Jim Strohm has had a filter seal fail and gives his recomendations.  Jim
> and others, I'm not going to give you my preference for oil filters but I'll
> ask you to carefully examine any filter you are thinking of buying for a
> ridge just outside the perimiter of the rubber seal that obviously will
> contain the rubber from squirting out.
Catman

Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright
116 Giulietta 2.0l