RE: oil flames

Brian,
Did you see my earlier posting which pointed to the oil filter study? As far
as Alfa oem filters go, in N.A. you may get anybody's filter with the Alfa
name painted on, as was my experience when I worked for Fram. As far as
"success" goes, it might be wiser to think of it as "never experienced
situation where good filter was required". I can argue with success. The
Ferrari "UFI" filters look OK and don't appear to be either Fram or Fiam in
origin. All filters have a no-blowout guarantee - it's really the only kind
of guarantee that they can offer!!! Yeah the HP1 does have a heavier case
but each filter produced, including PH8's, was tested to 90psi and if your
street machine oil pressure is above that then you have Other Problems! So,
any filter you like that fits and has the capacity will replace the HP1. I
can't get Mobil 1 filters, neither can I get NipponDenso where I live, so I
resort to ACDelco and Bosch.  Maybe we should really be discussing the
relative merits of combination by-pass and full-flow filtration systems.
Regards,
Jean Denis