Radar detector detectors

Gordy De LaMare asked, in AD822:
"The latter just couldn't understand why I wasn't speeding when
following a Peugeot 406 estate car loaded with cameras and radar guns on
the
autoroute ..  can they detect when you have a detector on board????"

Yes, 'they' can, providing your radar detector is on.  Your detector
actually emits radio frequencies in the band that it is looking for.  I
am not an electronic person, but I know this does happen.  Part of a
superhetererodyne (is that right?) circuit.  Don't ask anymore.  I am
sure there are electronics engineers out there who will gladly chime in
the fill in the details, if requested.  In the states where detectors
are not legal, (and in Canada as well, I think) the gendarmes have radar
detector detectors.  Big Brother can watch you watching him!

Ciao
Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California
Euro bumpers are going on the 76 Alfetta GT in the garage.  What a
J-O-B.  Just take the old ones off,  and slap the new ones in place.
That's what they said. Really.  YEAH!  Right!!  What a *&$%#^*ing
b**ch!!  But it WILL happen.  The front of the car rose two inches
(yup!) when the front bumper finally was removed.

Oh, bye
JN

End of alfa-digest V7 #823