74 GTV carpet, 164 radar detector location/wiring

1 -- My aforementioned GTV carpet matches Frank's: short-loop and one
piece.  Build date 6/74.

2 -- In my 164, my mechanic put the radar detector where the front ash
tray used to be in the center console.  It's hard wired to the old
lighter power source, and mounted thru a plate installed in the ash tray
opening (so just the front face of the detector looks up at you).  It's
a Whistler, and I think the face plate came from them.  All of the
wiring runs thru the dash.  When you don't want it seen, you just close
the lid of the ash tray.  So if anyone ever needs a replacement front
ash tray & lighter, I've got one lying around...

     Jeff Matson
     '74 GTV 2000
     '91 164L