starting problem

At 09:46 AM 6/17/99 -0400, you wrote:

>alfa-digest          Thursday, June 17 1999          Volume 07 : Number 819
>

>Forum for Discussion of Alfa Romeos, etc.
>       Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
>       Digest Coordinator
>
>Contents:
>
>     164 fan relays - which is which?
>     Fw: Fw: Gt 1300 Junior value in U. S.
>     GT Veloce carpets
>     suspension
>     Re: Gauges and Suspension
>     eightball.51@domain.elided
>     Re: GTV6 tyres
>     True 100% throttle
>     Konis or Boge
>     AFM to MAF conversion
>     replacing cams
>     Boge shocks
>     '86 Spider with earlier bumpers and tail-lights?
>     More on carpet
>     Concours of Eastern United States - Lehigh University - 6/19
>     re: Alfas for sale !!
>     Milano Trim Paint
>     2000 GTV carpets
>     Radar detector in old spider
>     new brake MC doesn't act new
>
>Alfa Digest Home Page:

Hi,
I have an 88 spidet graduate that is having a starting problem. It starts
right up when cold and then when it warms up it runs rougher and rougher
until it quits. it will then not start again until it cools down. We have
replaced the ignition coil and it still has the problem. The in tank fuel
pump was replace recently and the other pump seems to be running fine. Any
help will be appreciated. we need to do th work ourselves since we cannot
afford to take it in to a shop right now. Does anyone have any idea what
could be wrong? It will come very close to starting but then not make it.
Thanks in advance.
                            Nan Barnes