Gauges and Suspension

Need some help getting my speedo and tach to read accurately on my 87
Spider.  (54,500miles)

My speedo reads 18 mph at a dead stop.  Seems to be pretty close at highway
speeds.  Is there an adjustment?  Should I take it some place to get it
calibrated?  What would cause this?  Can I do anything myself to help?

The tach is variable, usually reading in the 1000 rpm range, 2500 at 70mph
(sometimes much less), never seen it over 3000 even when jumping on it.
Acts like it is sticking, needle is sluggish.  Causes?  Fixes?

Suggestions/Comments much appriciated!

Next question: (Opinions welcomed)

I need new shocks and new springs.  Is going the performance spring/shock
route (ie - IAP red spring set, KONI shocks) worth the extra expense over
'stock' springs and shocks?  Does the performance set-up add that much to
the handling of the car?  My use will be as a seasonal daily street driver.
Do they  add to the curb value at resale enough to justify the added
expense?

Looking at the $ for the springs, there isn't much difference.  The KONI
shocks however are listed at ~$61.00 vs $112.00  (US ) each  in the
Centerline catalog. (Anyone found them at a better price?)

Brad