master cylinder

<<My 87 Spider is leaking brake fluid between the master cylinder and
booster.>>
<<Is this a sign of a bad master cylinder or just a bad seal between the>>
<<cylinder and the booster?>>

<<Any tricks on master cylinder replacement are appreciated, assuming that
is>>
<<the fix!  It doesn't look too bad.>>

I recently had the same problem on my 90 SPider.  The seals inside the MC are
leaking.  IMHO, the best fix is to replace the MC, not rebuild it.  Replacing
it is not very difficult.  THe hardest part for me was taking the reservoir
off the old MC.  Make sure you bleed the MC first, then bleed the brakes at
the calipers.  If you do not replace the MC soon, it may start leaking into
the booster.   Booster replacement is much more expensive.  When you take the
old MC off, look inside the booster and see if any fluid is in there.  If so,
suck it out with a syringe and then put a clean cloth inside for several
minutes and let it soak up remaining fluid.  Good luck.

Rob Murphy
90 SPider
Coral SPrings, FL