140mph Speedo Update

Fitted the speedo yesterday after a partial day at the Tustin vintage
races with son.  Dave the Younger concedes that a speedo swap out in the
'83 GTB6 is slightly easier than in a Giulietta.

The 140mph speedo worked for 38.25 miles on the way home.  Took about 30
miles to warm up and then functioned flawlessy until I stopped for a
light.  Speed seemed to be close enough, maybe a skosh high.  The sender
on my car is threaded into the transaxle.  The sender that I got from
the vender (Mark Smith in Utah, I think) looks like a press-in type.
How many types of senders are there on GTB6s?  I have received advice
off-line to clean up my present sender.  Any other comments?  Sources
for a new part?

Dave Mericle the Elder
Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES