RE: club affiliation

> I didn't overlook the annual convention, only one problem with it is that
it
> is far far away, at least this year, but then again I would get the chance
> to see some more of the USA in my  Alfa, and meet some more enthusiastic
> Alfa people face to face, beer and BS does wonders :-)

i'm flattered!

anybody familiar with the politics behind the original split (ara & aroc)?
care to divulge on or off digest?

for the record, i'm a member of both, and prefer the technical content of
the ara publication.  i also enjoy access to chapter newsletters other than
my own, and would willingly pay additional dues to receive more than just
the newsletter from a single chapter.  i've noticed that some forward
thinking chapters are making their newsletters available on-line, or via
e-mail, which for me is preferable to printed copies, and must also be
easier to distribute.

so, maybe too late for discussion at this years annual convention, but maybe
a topic for a later date, might be how to distribute chapter newsletters to
more of the national organization.  if they charged say $1 per chapter
newsletter per year to get it in electronic form, i'd pay for a few.

of course while it would be nice to receive the ara newsletter under the
above proposal, in the mean time i'll gladly pay my annual ara dues - the
tech content of the newsletter alone makes it worth while.

fwiw,

bs