Tire selection

OK, a question that's been asked a thousand times before, to be sure:

What is the best wheel/tire combo for a '74 spider.  I understand that
generally the wider the better (within reason), but I have also heard that
you have to be careful with older Alfa's whose frames have not been
stiffened.  I am tempted at this point to go with a 15 x 7 wheel and a
205/60 tire, but is that too much for a Spider chassis to handle?  Will a
195/60 tire fit a 15 x 7 without fear of failure?  Or, should I stay with my
factory-issue Cromodora magnesium wheels and a 185/14 tire?  Pertinent info:
not an autocrosser, but do like to push the car on some of the twisty roads
just outside of town.  I would really appreciate all opinions from those
with first-hand experience.  After all, not a casual purchase!

Thanks.

Richard Stiles
Dunedin, FL
'74 Spider (currently shod in rock-hard Firestones - yuk!)
'93 Probe (has Pirelli P6000s but doesn't know what they're for)