GTV6 brakes

Hello everyone-
After a busy quarter at Georgia Tech I'm eager to dive under my '82 GTV6
and start in on a long list of needed repairs. Topping the list are my
brakes which are a little marginal at the moment. I noticed that my rear
rotors are badly scarred and I'd like to pull them and get them turned. My
question is: do I have to remove the calipers to do this or can I simply
remove the pads and slip the rotors out? I just want to know what I'm in
for. Any other tips would be appreciated.

I've also recently become aware of a clicking sound coming from the rear
passenger side when i apply the brakes - one click per revolution of the
wheel. Any idea what i should look for here?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian