Re: GTV6 Brakes

Sebastian wrote:

>I noticed that my rear
>rotors are badly scarred and I'd like to pull them and get them turned. My
>question is: do I have to remove the calipers to do this or can I simply
>remove the pads and slip the rotors out? I just want to know what I'm in
>for. Any other tips would be appreciated.

In fact, you have to remove the rotors <before> you can remove the
calipers, so you've got things going your way.  You don't even need to
remove the pads.  The rotors will just slip out after their fixing bolts
are removed.  Make sure you have a 15 mm, <6 point> box wrench handy before
you start the job.  The rotor fixing bolts are always VERY tight, and you
will most assuredly round them off if you use any other tool.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco