Spider alternative

Get a 69-74 Berlina!!!  Excellent daily driver that has parts and
maintenance interchangability,and same alfa feel.  Alfettas are very
different and more complicated, and if you are going to go that route, get
a milano.  I have lived on 67-74 duettos, spiders, gtvs, and berlinas
exclusively since 1980.  Berlinas are the most practical, and for sure are
unloved.  Best compromise is a spider for the warm & dry, and a berlina for
the wet/cold/kids/dog/towing - if you want to live in a 30 year old
automotive time warp .
kct

<snip>
Second,  I am looking for another car to commute in,  especially with a
possible move which would extend my daily drive by about 15 miles each way.
 I was thinking of a cheap VW,  since I don't want to dare put that
pressure on a car like the Duetto,  but then I thought,  how about an Alfa?
 I was thinking of a sound '75-82 car,  probably a Spider,  since they are
cheap,  and generally more unloved in my opinion than other Alfas.  Will be
for commuting.  As long as its not a rust heap,  cosmetic condition is not
a major concern.  I would like it to be mechanically pretty sound.  Anyone
willing to part with one around Viriginia/NC?
Thanks,
Zach
'67 Duetto