cool it

Suppose the discussion over suspension tuning peters-out -- we need a
new
controversy....

>As the AC evaporator cools the stream of air over it, the
conventional
>wisdom is that really cool air will result only if already cooled air
is
?recirculated....

HOWEVER

>These things have a lot of glass, and it is not at all uncommon that
the
>air in a parked car will be much hotter than the outside air...

>is used until the internal temperature goes below the outside
ambient.
>(And if it is really hot and sunny, it may never get there, even if
>internal air is vented...)
- -----
Many automobile manufactures state that to cool down a parked car you
hsould turn ac to high and use outside air while opening the windowsin
the rear about half. Then you should swithc to recirculate and a few
minutes later close the windows and switch to medium.
Tom Baumen