Re: Anti-sieze/Threadlocker

When I put a new exhaust system on my '74 spider a year ago, I neglected to
use threadlocker on the bolts holding the different sections together.
Three weeks later, a "clink-clink-clink" heard while driving prompted an
inspection that revealed that two bolts had lost their nuts entirely and
another was quite loose.  Yes, I had tightened all of these nuts very well
during assembly.  It is true that eventually those nuts and bolts will rust
together, but until then the expansion of the exhaust sections and the bolts
holding them together at different rates will cause the nuts to loosen.  I
used Loc-tite Red (high strength - stated application is exhaust systems),
and now I don't have any loose screws.  Or rather, my car doesn't.

Richard Stiles
Dunedin, FL
'74 Spider  ( a real car )
'93 Probe (Zzzzzzz)