Alfa Six: How many?

Mike Cosgrove wondered how many Alfa Six were still left, and Chris Piepers
replied that "aprox. 12000 were made from '79 to '86", and makes a guess of
"around 6000 left worldwide" - -

The 12,000 figure is a tad low- 15,237 if you count the nearly 3,000
Turbodiesels, which must have been real fireballs with a power/weight ratio
on the poor side of 15 kg/hp, empty, even in non-"blindata" form.

The "about 6000 left" estimate surprises me. Chris says there are a few left
in Holland, there are about three in North America, I'd make a blind stab at
perhaps a dozen in the UK, a few in Germany, I would guess the survivors
would be closer to 500 than to 1000. But that is a wild guess. Old Alfas tend
not to survive unless they are considered desirable as well as rare- there
were 17,000 1900 Berlinas built, an attractive and historically significant
car, are there 200 running? At a less cherishable level, there were nearly
50,000 Arnas, would 1,000 survive? There were over 70,000 Alfa Romeo
Dauphines, do you suppose a dozen are left? Rather doubt it.

John H.