(No Subject)

Fellow Digesters,
I have a few questions to get off my back.  First,  when I bought my Duetto,  the paint had a smoothness comparable to a brick wall!  It seems someone spray-painted over the original paint.  Because I don't have a lot of money saved up  for the inevitable paint/body work the whole car needs,  and want to make the car exellent in the mehanical department first, ie. real exhaust,  proper head,  I spent weeks hand buffing the paint until it came out to look like about a $200 paint job.  I am almost finished.  However,  I used some pretty generic rubbing compound,  and it has formed layers of dried powdered paint all over the car.  I can't seem to get it off.  The only thing that seems to work is to sit there and pick it with a fingernail.  I've tried car washes and detergents.  Any suggestions?

Second,  I am looking for another car to commute in,  especially with a possible move which would extend my daily drive by about 15 miles each way.  I was thinking of a cheap VW,  since I don't want to dare put that pressure on a car like the Duetto,  but then I thought,  how about an Alfa?  I was thinking of a sound '75-82 car,  probably a Spider,  since they are cheap,  and generally more unloved in my opinion than other Alfas.  Will be for commuting.  As long as its not a rust heap,  cosmetic condition is not a major concern.  I would like it to be mechanically pretty sound.  Anyone willing to part with one around Viriginia/NC?

Thanks,
Zach

'67 Duetto