Re: 3.0 engine mods

> >"Zamani, Are the 200 and 184 HP and torque figures at the wheels or
> >flywheel? Strange how your torque drops with the S cams. From what I
> >remember of dynoing modified 3.0 , was that both torque and HP increased
> >over stock the throughout the entire RPM range. The 3.0 that was dynoed
> >had a larger AFM, BMW injectors, Zat Ecu's, Shankle headers, and Ansa
> >Exhaust...."

Hi Andrew,

    At the wheels it had about 161 lb/ft of torque. So I estimated around 200 lb/ft
at the flywheel. My cars was stock with a 2.5 AFM  then. The other 2 verdes were
also stock except for the S-cams. Maybe to get power out of the S-cams some extra
mods need to be done, just like what Doug said. I want to try and keep the internals
alone for now. When I have more money then I'll go for the balanced and blue printed
everything. A friend of mine who did the 11.0:1 JE pistons + S-cams +  headers +
motronic M1.7 + side exhaust had about 200 bhp at the wheels.
    Doug, how much was the BMW AFM? Does it need a new fuel pressure regulator (does
it run lean)?

Zamani