Re: Classical Alfa Music

In the mid 80's, I remember seeing some Alfa promotional video footage,
based I think around  either the GTV6 or the Alfetta, probably the latter.
Time dims the memory, but I think it was some sort of long distance
performance/endurance record which Alfa were attempting, possibly with an
oil burner!

Anyway, the footage was accompanied by Vivaldi, with the now obligatory
'Four Seasons', quattro stagione. This great work suited the Alfa's and the
high speed, endurance atmosphere, it was pretty good. So impressed was I
that I bought a tape and it was well and truly scrubbed almost clean in the
'Sud we had then, with the wife being particularly inspired to, shall we
say, exploit the Alfa's potential....

Other great Alfa driving songs have to be Mario Lanza singing the drinking
song from the Student Prince (please, let someone else drive if you take the
advice literally!), and Pavarotti with his rendition of the great Neapolitan
favourite 'Funiculi, Funicular' (i think that's how you spell it...) I defy
anyone to drive an Alfa with this music playing, and not have a grin the
size of Iceland on their faces.....

Ciao,

Ian