callaway gtwe6's $16.9k?!?)

hi all,

my two cents - much as i love callaway alfa turbo's (especially since i worked
at callaway for one short year), i can't imagine paying more than $8-10k max for
one of these - and that wood only be for an absolutely pristine example.  too
easy to get the same performance (or better?) from a 3.0, for the same or less
$$$, and w/a lot more reliability.  i have about $7k into my gtwe6, this
includes:  the car, the rebuilt s-cammed 3.0, the rebuilt 50% lock-up lsd
platinum t/a, the 15x8 custom wheels, the complete shankle suspension set-up,
zat's adjustable shocks, dimatteo/kirshtein ecu mod, bmw afm, mod to airbox/k&n
filter for bmw afm, $1k a/c overhaul w/sanden rotary compressor (system STILL
leaks :<(  ), and misc maintenance items needed during the 4 years/70k miles
i've owned it.  doesn't include the $1500 for paint if/when i get to it, the
stebro hedders (cuz they're not awailable yet!), or the milano werde seats i
have for it - cuz these mite end up in the pantera!  anyways, get a callaway for
its novelty/collector status, build a 3.0 for driving.

ciao for now,

doug s