Re: debugging the L-Jet

Thanks, everyone, for the debugging notes. I have been reading Probst's
book on the Bosch injection system as well as the Alfa engine maintenance
notes for the '82 Spider engine. (FrankenSpider is a '79 Spider with '82
Bosch-EFI engine installed.)

All the various underhood hoses, ducting, connections were renewed when
we did the installation as there were several hardened and cracked bits.
Seemed a worthwhile expenditure, the '82 parts car had been sitting for 7
years, 4 of them in far from ideal circumstances, and we did find one
flywheel sensor, the thermo-time sensor and oxygen sensor bad already,
when we were getting it up and running. I have found no external vacuum
leaks so far (yes, I'll keep looking).

The suggestions I've gotten to date that sound eminently sensible are:

   a) check the temperature sensor that controls the cold start valve.
   b) check the cold start valve for operation and the wiring to the
      cold start valve for faults.
   c) check that the auxiliary air device closes off its valve correctly.
   d) check the operation of the throttle switch at fully closed
      and fully open throttle.

Replace bits as needed. These mirror the recommendations in the
diagnostic charts in the Alfa Romeo engine maintenance manuals, so it's a
pretty good bet that they'll isolate the problem. :)

Anything else I should look at?

Godfrey