re: Old Radiators (was Milano cooling)

Mike Cosgrove wrote,

"Once home, I brought the radiator to a local shop for a look.  He rodded it
out
(it needed it) after warning me he may not be able to get the headers to seal.
He couldn't!  Then, using the original as a pattern, he made me a new copper
with brass tanks radiator for about $275.  With the new, inproved radiator and
the snake oil, I've had no problems at all since then."

Proof, if we needed it, that brass does not rust.  However, it will corrode.
If it didn't, there would have been enough metal left to get all to seal well
in the end.

The price for what amounts to a new radiator (or was that just the tanks?)
isn't too bad, considering the amount of hand work involved.

Also a good demonstration that plugged tubes in ANY radiator will hurt its
performance.  Again, something we all probable know, but want to believe that
we (or rather, our cars) have a special immunity.  Sorry.  Like the laws of
physics, chemistry doesn't play favorites.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal