Re: SPICA warm start problem

>The cheap and for some reason common solution is to wire a switch on the
>dash inline with the cold start solenoid, to disconnect it when warmed up.
>
>The REAL solution is to either a) buy the Spica manual from AROC and
>follow the tune up procedures precisely, or b) find a nearby Spica guru to
>put everything right.

I had a similar problem with the '78 Spider and it was indeed the cold
start solenoid. I did fix A above ... the shop tried fix B and there was
no setting, no matter how fussy he got, that would completely prevent it
from flooding in all circumstance. Wiring up a cut out switch gave me the
right option.

Godfrey