Re: alfa-digest V7 #788

Over the last few years, I've been adding PS stop-leak things in my Verde
and they worked to certain degree. While leak rate was minimun, it
wasn't completely gone. It starts leak again with a full lock turn, but
would stop leaking if most turns are only mild.

The steering feel has also been sluggish and rubbery. There's this
one second lag for spiritual driving. (ie, when cornering, I have
to aim for the corner, feel the speed, and substract one second for
turn in. I turn, I wait for one second, and the car turns.

Very scary indeed and I've been driving like that for long time, especially
I visit hwy 17 on a weekly bases. (local people call that the evil hwy:)

Now that I have 2 cars, I can afford to down one car for some time.
took it to my mechanic and he confirmed that the rack is a gonner.

After replacing the rack, the car sure drives with a LOT more
confidence now, and the new rack seem to have quicker ratio too...
maybe psycological...  whatever! 'cause I LOVE this thing! :) :)

So... if you gonna keep the car for long, and the rack is going south,
consider a new rebuilt from Alfa source. Expensive, but I am glad I did it.

Jess Liao <---- sillycome valley