HP Books Brake Systems

Just came across a basic brake handbook by HPBooks,  Brake Systems,
OEM & Racing Brake Technology by Mike Mavrigian & Larry  Carley.  Very
nice.  They are talking about how DOT3 and DOT4 fluids attract
moisture , whereas 3 % contamination in DOT3  lowers the boiling point
25 % vs 50 % in DOT4.  Whoa.  No wonder its necessary to get that DOT4
outta the 164.  They also do not want you to leave the reservior cap
off while bleeding a system, preferring to fill and refix the cap.
Well,  I knew about keeping a can of brake fluid closed to prevent
moisture contamination, but neglected to close the reservior while
flushing a system.  I think that after anyone would read this book,
they will be a great deal more diligent about changing brake fluids
(clutch also) in the future.

Ciao,  Jay