hard start GTV-6

In a message dated 6/7/99 10:50:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Yesterday I was in my garage and was going to start my GTV6 but the when I
 turned the key the only result was dim charge warning light.
 So I checked the voltage from my battery and in was about 10 Volts.
 After a few seconds of brain activity I tried it again.
 The starter started turning very slowly after about 3-5 s and the reved
 slowly for about 10s (I think i barly tuned a singel revolution).
 I let the starter rest at this point (to be sure not to overhet it).
 The second try: The starter started turning emedietlly (slowlly) and reved
 for about 6-8 s and then the engine ignited with the help of some gas.

 What is going on with my starter???

 Mattias Eliason >>

What's going on with your battery?  Sounds to me like your voltage is too
low.  You need at least 12.5.  Check out your battery's condition and also
your electrical system (alternator, coil) before worrying about the starter.

Charlie

Los Angeles