Hand Glaze

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I just finished using 3M Imperial Hand Glaze on Petei's 164.

         Do I need to wax it with a good Carnuba wax now?

         If so, will Maguires Mirror Glaze #26 Professional Hi-Tech Yellow
 Wax w/Carnuba do the job? Will the two work together?

 Water beads up on it already, but I'm afraid the glaze doesn't really
 "protect" the paint. >>

Bernie, it's been about 3 years or so since I have the GTV-6 repainted with a
non-clearcoat red paint.  Pedro, my painter, told me not to wax it, but just
to use the 3M Hand Glaze, which I do every six -- nine months.  The finish is
in fine shape, water beads up and rolls off, and the stuff seems to be
impervious to detergents.  Once or twice I had let the car get too dirty and,
short of time or inclination, ran it through a car wash with no ill-effects.
One time I had a hot wax applied there (this was one of those subconscious
"mistakes" on my part, I guess) and still it's OK.

Two things I've learned: try not to apply is in direct sun (of course) or
when the bodywork is hot.  Work quite a small area at a time and buff it up
before it dries or you will get streaks almost impossible to buff out...
except if you put on some more Hand Glaze.

Have a great time in KC!  Sorry I won't be seeing you there.

Charlie, AROSC
El Lay, CA

Shiny red GTV-6
Shiny azzuro metallio 75