innacurate CD - Brake Pads

Hi

I think the 164 rear calipers are very similar to those
used on the back of the 33 P4. To push the pads
back you are meant to use an Alfa special tool
which turns against the 2 V shaped cutouts on
the piston. Some manuals for cars with similar
calipers (Fiat Uno Turbo) just say to use a set
of need nose pliers but there was no way that
would work for me. On a friends P4 we could
not get the pistons to retract (although they turned
fine) until we cracked off the bleed nipple. I
think the brake bias valve caused this problem.

The Alfa special tool cost me about 11ukp and =

the dealer had it in the following day for me. It is
just a 'socket' with a couple of V shaped prongs =

on either end (slightly different, for different =

calipers). Audi's use similar calipers but the =

ones I have seen use a hex key to retract the
calipers.

The tool number I bought was 1.822.108.000

It was not shown on the parts fiche at the dealer
but I found it in the manuals (on microfiche).

All the best

Keith