Re: alfa-digest V7 #780 - Kumho Set Up Advice needed

Glad to hear you are making progress on your Spider race car.  I should
be up at Hallet for the July 4th weekend SCCA races. I had a choice
between running the SCCA weekend or going to the Alfa convention.  I
decided for the same money, the SCCA weekend would be more bang for my
buck. Hallet is my favorite track, too bad it is 10 hours away from
Houston.

        I have only run the Kumho's for one weekend and one of the days
it was raining so my data is not that extensive. Some of this is front
memory as I left my race book at the office. I am running the 225/50/15
on a 15x7 wheel. Cold pressures were 33 front and 33 rear and hot temps
were 39 front , 38 rear. The temps were all around 130-140 degrees
pretty much even all around. The front camber was around 2 degrees and
toe was out to 1/32 . The car did not work well with this setup. My
setup for the next race will be 2.5 or 2.75 degrees camber, 1/16  toe
out, and starting cold pressures of 34 all around. The track we are
running in june is an Airport circuit and has almost a mile long
straightaway. From talking to other running Kumho's you have to run more
aggressive settings to get them to work properly. I will let you know
any progress I make.  Hope this helps.

    ANDREWG
    Houston, Tx
    #63 ITS