Re: alfa-digest V7 #780 - Kumho Set Up Advice needed

In a message dated 6/4/99 12:29:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Kumho makes the Victoracer V700 , a up and coming tire that will be the
 least expensive tire out  there. Kumho's are similar to the old 230
 R1's, but they do not stick as well. This is a very good tire if you can
 set your car up for it.  >>

Andy,
	My race car is far from finished.  May be done in time for September
driver's school at Hallett.  One year between schools!  Any SCCA schools in
Texas schools in July or August that I could go to?
    I will be running Kumho 205-55-14 on Daytona rims on my street racer 82
spider at the time trials at Hallett in a week and a half.  Not much I can do
with the 82, but I would welcome any suggestions.  I am running factory
alignment specs, but with one degree negative camber.  You know the car, you
and I played around at last years Alfa Rodeo "driver's school."
	Any tire pressure suggestions?  I ran my Yokohama 008R's at 38 front
and 36 rear cold last year.  I have read that Kumhos do not like pressures
over 35 pounds, hot.  I guess that means starting cold about 31 front and 29
rear?
	Sure glad for the racing topic on Alfa Digest.  Beat heck out of
radios, air conditioners, sun roofs and other useless assessories.  Do you
have cup holders welded to the roll cage in your GTV-6?
	Thanks,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

End of alfa-digest V7 #782