84 GTV6 tropic air - was Re: alfa-digest V7 #777

> I am not positive, but I believe the "improved" AC started in the 85
> model
> year.  The stock AC in my 84 is distinctly marginal . . .

Some '84 GTV6s do have the dual circuit or tropic air system while some
don't.  My 84 happens to have it.  Whether it may have even been
available in '83, I don't know.

With the tropic air system, at a minimum, there is an extra fan, an
extra evaporator core, some additional plumbing and some more ductwork.
The fresh air vents become a/c vents.  Most of the components are housed
behind a cover above the front passenger's foot well where I believe
there was once a shelf.  Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can be more
helpful.

Rodney