RE: Milano radio

Mike Cosgrove wrote:

>> The radio in my '87 Milano Verde has recently begun to act
up... Then it started to shut off completely, power restoring
itself after a few minutes. At first it seemed to be based on
temperature, shutting off in the afternoon when the car had
been parked in the hot Houston sun, but this morning, after
a long weekend in the garage, it wouldn't go on at all. <<

I had a similar problem. The Milano radio was intermitant.
Sometimes it would turn on, sometimes not. I checked the
power connector and it seemed OK. So I took the radio apart
and looked for bad solder joints. The problem went away
after I resoldered the on/off switch contacts.

Good Luck,

Rich Hirsch