Milano radio

The radio in my '87 Milano Verde has recently begun to act up.  Last week it was
an occasional burst of static, like it wanted to shut off.  Then it started to
shut off completely, power restoring itself after a few minutes.  At first it
seemed to be based on temperature, shutting off in the afternoon when the car
had been parked in the hot Houston sun, but this morning, after a long weekend
in the garage, it wouldn't go on at all.

Electronics are not my forte, so any suggestions?  Any aftermarket radios that
fit in the factory slot?

Mike Cosgrove

'79 Alfetta GT Mille Miglia
'87 Milano Verde
'61 Abarth 1000 Record Monza Coupe
'71 Simca 1200S Bertone (French car, Italian body)
'64 Fiat 600D

End of alfa-digest V7 #778