Alignment

I took the spider out of storage this weekend and noticed that when driving
in a straight line the steering wheel is cocked so that the spoke on the
wheel is pointing at the five o'clock position instead of six. After making a
few calls I was informed that this is an alignment problem.  Now the big
question, can this be put right by mere mortals or best left to the guys at
our local tire store.  Unfortunately our Alfa dealer closed 4 months ago and
they are sorely missed. I hate to bring the car in to some hack who has never
worked on one before. I have a fairly complete shop by the way,  and can do
most any repair, but never have tried this one.  Also while I am at it, am
fitting plexiglass covers to the headlights and have found that the right one
does not fit as well as the left.  There is a 1/4" gap between the cover and
the body.  The left one fits perfectly.  This car has never been in a front
end collision and the area around the headlight is solid metal no filler, so
that leaves that out. Also when the car was painted it was taken down to bare
metal and no damage was present.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.
Dick Giambra
Rochester, N.Y.
'74 spider
'88 verde