101 series 1300 Normal Giulietta eng/tranny for sale

Greetings,
 I picked up a complete engine and tranny that has been in a crate for the
last 35 years or so. The story that was told to me was that a US serviceman
that was stationed in the UK had the items removed from his European spec'd
car and sent back to the US in hopes of finding a car to put it in. I'm not
sure why he did that considering that it's only a Normal engine, but that's
what I was told. There is a receipt from a British garage for cylinder head
disasembly, valve seat replacement and valve job. I think the price was
about 45 pounds. This is about the only thing I can find to support the GI
story. There is no date on the receipt. There are is also an official Alfa
Giulietta owners manual and shop manual.
 The engine looks pretty good. It is generally clean and mostly
disassembled. The rods are attatched to the pistons which are in the sleeves
with rings. These parts have been removed from the crank which is still in
the engine case. There is a slight ridge at the top of the sleeves so the
engine had some number of miles put on it. The crank turns over smoothly and
the visable bearing surfaces look good. As far as I can tell without
reassembling the engine, all of the parts are there. The generator, water
pump, starter and lots of nuts and bolts are all in a box. A single Solex
carb is still attatched to the head.
The cams look really good. The transmission looks really good too and turns
smoothly. The clutch disc is fairly thin but the flywheel looks perfectly
serviceable.
 I would say both units should be completely disassembled, cleaned and
checked for rust or wear on all of the working surfaces before use. I'm sure
the normal rebuild replacement parts should be replaced also. The liners and
pistons might be ok, I haven't taken the valves out so I don't know if they
ok or not. Probably would need new guides at least.
 If anyone's interrested please make me an offer. I could supply the units
'as is' or rebuilt. Shipping within the US is possible or if you're in the
Northeast we could probably arrange a private delivery.

 If I can't stir up any interrest here I'll probably put the items on Ebay.
I thought I'd give the digest crowd first crack at them.

Thanks

Phil Williams
Owego, NY, near Binghamton NY.
3 spiders and a platinum