Milano Horn Stopped Working

Now what did I do?  While I was reinstalling the horn button (contact
pad) on my steering wheel, my horns stopped working.  When I push the
button, I can hear the relay click and a short, faint chirp from the
horns, but that's it.  When I was reinstalling the horn button on the
steering wheel the horn was sounding as I tried to instal the tabs into
the wheel.  I then gave the pad a slight rap with my fist over each of
the 3 tabs to click it into place.  After this, the horns would no
longer sound.

Like I said, I can hear the relays click, so I don't think anything
would be wrong with the button or its wiring.  Can relays go bad?  I
can't imagine what I was doing would hurt anything, but????  Any ideas?

Advise would be appreciated.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum